Just a couple of things that hit me this weekend while watching the NFL
1. Vontaze Burfict is the most hated man in the NFL. He has caused fights with the Browns, Steelers, and Ravens. This weekend, Rob Gronkowski starting going nuts because of Burfict. The man had many opponents angry at him playing at Arizona State. He still has the ability to get under people's skin.
2. While the Jaguars won at Chicago, does anybody believe that the Jags will go on a tear and win the AFC South? Or is the smart play starting a pool of when Gus Bradley is fired? I go with option 2.
3. The Philadelphia Eagles have come back down to Earth. After winning their first 3, the offense is starting to sputter. There is lack of protection for Wentz. The defense is stuggling. Now, what does Doug Peterson do to try and keep the Eagles from falling flat on their collective faces?
4. The Tennessee Titans are showing signs of life. They are 3-3 and 2 of the losses are to Minnesota and Oakland. Mike Mularkey is riding the DeMarco Murray and Derrick Henry Express to the top of the division.
5. The Cleveland Browns are still 0 fer the season. However, I have been impressed with Cody Kessler and the receiving crew that the Browns have. Can you imagine if Josh Gordon was well enough to be out on the field? The receiving corps would be downright scary.
Bonus: If you are New Orleans Saints fan, aren't you tired of no defense to speak of and people trying to tell you that having Drew Brees is good enough? If it were me, I would be saying that I don't settle for a .500 record and video game thinking for my team. It is time to fire Sean Payton.
Sunday, October 16, 2016
Monday, October 10, 2016
The Houston Astros missed the playoffs by 5 games this year. And instead of being upset by that, I am happy. Why? Because the team was a flawed team and is showed during the last 2 weeks. In the final 10 games, the team went 3-7. Against the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim they went 2-5. The Angels finished 21 games back of the West winners, Texas Rangers. When you are fighting for a wildcard spot, that cannot happen. The Astros also played the Mariners who were also fighting for a wildcard spot. The Mariners took 2 of 3. It hurt, but this will help the Astros for the future. There are three things that need to improve. 1) Beating the Texas Rangers. 2) Improve the batting average. 3) Improve the starting rotation. I believe that the Astros are figuring that out.