I am picking the same games that College Football Talk are. Why? Because I believe that I can beat them at prognostication. Just look at how I did last year with the pros. I won 50% (OK, so it was about 46%, but who can remember that). So here are the games and picks.
1. #3 Oregon (-1) vs #4 LSU (at Arlington, TX) I believe that the turmoil around LSU and their starting QB being suspended indefinitely, is more than the recruiting turmoil that is surrounding Oregon.
2. #5 Boise State (-3.5) at #19 Georgia (at Atlanta, GA) Boise State has lost 1 game to a BCS opponent since 2006. Look for that roll to continue.
3. Miami at Maryland (+5) Miami is the better team, but with all the distractions down in Canes country, I think that the Terps might stay in this game.
4. South Florida at #16 Notre Dame (-10) Skip Holtz goes into the school where his father got his legacy. Expect him to come out with a big loss. Notre Dame shouldn't have a problem here.
5. BYU (-3) at Mississippi I don't expect much from either of these two teams, but I will take BYU with the road win.
6. Appalachian State at #13 Virginia Tech (-25) Remember App. St. beating Michigan? I bet that Frank Beamer does as well.
7. SMU at #8 Texas A&M (-14) A battle between a team wanting to leave the Big XII and one that has been talking to the Big XII about admittance for years. Watch A&M destroy their replacements in the league.
8. Tulsa at #1 Oklahoma (-24) Really? this game should be done by midway in the second quarter.
9. #14 TCU (-6) at Baylor Baylor has a good offense, but due to graduation, the Bears defense might not be up to par. TCU reloaded and might get to November undefeated.
10. Akron at #18 Ohio State (-33.5) Even though Jim Tressel and Terrelle Pryor aren't there, the Buckeyes still roll.
11. Minnesota (+21) at #25 USC Jerry Kill as a head coach will make the Gophers better. You will see it this week and they will not lose by 3 touchdowns.
12. Northwestern at Boston College (-3) I don't see Northwestern going to Massachusetts and beating the Eagles.