Monday, August 29, 2011

College Football Predictions - Week 1

I am picking the same games that College Football Talk are.  Why?  Because I believe that I can beat them at prognostication.  Just look at how I did last year with the pros.  I won 50% (OK, so it was about 46%, but who can remember that).  So here are the games and picks.

1.  #3 Oregon (-1) vs #4 LSU (at Arlington, TX)   I believe that the turmoil around LSU and their starting QB being suspended indefinitely, is more than the recruiting turmoil that is surrounding Oregon.

2.  #5 Boise State (-3.5) at #19 Georgia (at Atlanta, GA)  Boise State has lost 1 game to a BCS opponent since 2006.  Look for that roll to continue.

3.  Miami at Maryland (+5)  Miami is the better team, but with all the distractions down in Canes country, I think that the Terps might stay in this game.

4.  South Florida at #16 Notre Dame (-10)  Skip Holtz goes into the school where his father got his legacy.  Expect him to come out with a big loss.  Notre Dame shouldn't have a problem here.

5.  BYU (-3) at Mississippi  I don't expect much from either of these two teams, but I will take BYU with the road win.

6.  Appalachian State at #13 Virginia Tech (-25)  Remember App. St. beating Michigan?  I bet that Frank Beamer does as well.

7.  SMU at #8 Texas A&M (-14)  A battle between a team wanting to leave the Big XII and one that has been talking to the Big XII about admittance for years.  Watch A&M destroy their replacements in the league.

8.  Tulsa at #1 Oklahoma (-24)  Really?  this game should be done by midway in the second quarter.

9.  #14 TCU (-6) at Baylor  Baylor has a good offense, but due to graduation, the Bears defense might not be up to par.  TCU reloaded and might get to November undefeated.

10.  Akron at #18 Ohio State (-33.5)  Even though Jim Tressel and Terrelle Pryor aren't there, the Buckeyes still roll.

Extra Games:

11.  Minnesota (+21) at #25 USC Jerry Kill as a head coach will make the Gophers better.  You will see it this week and they will not lose by 3 touchdowns.

12.  Northwestern at Boston College (-3)  I don't see Northwestern going to Massachusetts and beating the Eagles.

No comments: