Sunday, December 03, 2017

2017 College Football Picks Year In Review

Season Record: 72-58-7 (52.55%)

First winning season in 3 years. Of course, this year it was all Top 25 picks instead of random games.

Next year, I hope that someone wants to pick games with me or we have a group picking games. It is fun and interesting to see how other people see things differently than you.

As to the pick of Alabama being #4 and off to the playoffs, I think they got it wrong. I would have put Ohio State in (God how I dislike either team). But I don't have a voice in it. I think that the committee gave too much credence to what injuries meant to losing, and prejudices that are assigned to conferences both positive and negative. Also, they don't seem to mind how Alabama manipulates their schedule to basically have two byes before their LSU and Auburn games and how the SEC "second-tier" teams cannot stand up to challenge those programs that are at the top..

Here is my final Top 10:

1. Clemson
2. Oklahoma
3. Georgia
4. Ohio State
5. UCF
6. Alabama
7. Wisconsin
8. USC
9. Penn State
10. Washington

No comments: