Saturday, December 06, 2014

2014 College Football Odds Picks - Week 15

It is Saturday morning and 1 team is secure in the National playoffs. Oregon goes to the San Francisco area and destroys the Arizona Wildcats by 30 points. The defense looked great and the offense while not stunning in the rain, did more than enough to convince me that going into the playoffs, they should be the #1 seed overall. With wins this weekend, I would also put in Alabama and Ohio State. Alabama because they have proven almost every week that they are a very good team. For Ohio State, you have a pre-season Heisman candidate go down with a season ending injury. Then in Ohio State's last game, you have a current Heisman hopeful go down to a season ending injury. Both are quarterbacks. If Ohio State beats Wisconsin with their third-string QB, then you have a team (hint, hint) that deserves to continue their quest to a possible national championship.

That leaves the 4th spot. Florida State, Baylor, and TCU. That is how I would have them ranked at the outset of the day. I would have to see the three games before rendering a final verdict, but a less than a convincing win by the Seminoles would allow me to entertain Baylor or even TCU making the field. Baylor has to beat K-State and not just a last -second win either. If both Baylor and FSU look less than real good, then TCU would come into the discussion, but for my tastes, TCU is a long shot.

I had already picked the Oregon-Arizona game on the Bite Me Message Board before the pre-game even started.  I give myself props for picking the Ducks at (-10) over the Wildcats.  The rest of my picks are as follows:

Iowa State (+35) at #3 TCU
#1 Alabama (-16.5) vs. #16 Missouri
#9 Kansas State at #6 Baylor (-7)
#4 Florida State vs. #11 Georgia Tech (+4)
#13 Wisconsin vs. #5 Ohio State (+4)
Fresno State vs. #23 Boise State (-23)
Oklahoma State at #20 Oklahoma (-21)

No comments: