Thursday, January 01, 2015

College Football Semi-Final Picks

This year was tough for my prognostication. Finished the regular season 8 games under .500. Now I am going to try and pick the playoff winners.

Sugar Bowl - #1 Alabama vs. #4 Ohio State (+9) - Alabama is the heavyweight of the SEC. And everybody is still playing with the Week 2 storyline that the Big 10 wasn't that good. I go the other way. I believe that the SEC was over-hyped this year. I just watched the destruction of both Mississippi schools in their respective Bowl games. LSU lost to Notre Dame. The only SEC that has impressed me this bowl season is Georgia. Anyways onto the game.

I don't believe that Blake Sims will be able to get that Alabama offense on track against the Buckeye defense, especially that defensive line. Meanwhile, the Crimson Tide defense will be able to hold the Buckeyes offense enough to keep it close. But I am going with Ohio State to win the game. I would take the 9 points each and every time it is offered.
#1 Alabama 20, #4 Ohio State 24

Rose Bowl - #2 Oregon vs. #3 Florida State (+7.5) - Here is the game that I want to see. I think that both offenses go crazy. Both defenses have given up big plays during the season and I think that they will in this game as well. The last two Heisman winners both throw for over 400 yards and it looks like the scoreboard is attached to a pinball machine. In the end, I give the Ducks just enough to win the game, but not cover the spread.
#2 Oregon 45, #3 Florida State 41.

What I see at the National Championship Game:

No comments: