1. The punishments handed out by the NHL to players that break the rules in games needs to be revisited. I cannot figure out why and how penalties are handed out by Brendan Shanahan. And that is after listening to his explanations. I believe that the NHL should write down the punishments for actions. If a check to the head is normally 6 games, then say it. And then have modifiers for injury, severity, and other factors. But let's have a standard. And since I am talking about penalties here, let's get the officials on the ice together and have them try to call games the same. There are some games where if there is no blood, there is no penalty and in others, the slightest infraction is called. I would blame Gary Bettman, but this time I blame the players. Why? Because they haven't figured out that they are the ones that need to put pressure on the league to get these things done.
2. The Grambling State Men's Basketball Team. They are on the verge of history, and it's not good. The Tigers are 0-27 this season and the Regular season is over. They have one more chance at a win during the SWAC tournament. I wouldn't bet on the Tigers though. All of the games that they have lost have been by double digits. The Tigers should be the Eighth Division-I school that has went through a season winless.
3. Joe Flacco is one rich man. A 6-year, $120 Million contract. I hope that he is able to complete this contract. And I know that I am in the minority when I say this, but Flacco deserved the money and I consider him a Top 5 Quarterback. I put him in front of Drew Brees, that is for sure.
4. March Madness is nearly here and I don't give a damn. I think that I am burnt out on basketball. I don't care about the NBA because it is all about LeBron and the Lakers dysfunction. However, there are two things that I would like to see happen. #1: Leave the Kings in Sacramento. #2: Charlotte should change their name back to the Hornets.
5. Some things from the Patriots are better left unseen:
That is Patriots punter Zoltan Mesko in a picture that he tweeted out to the world. It would be OK if he were trying to gain favor with the ladies (the tan line on the legs needs to go though). But posing with two chihuahuas is a bit much. And why in the pool? Somethings are better left unanswered.