I love making predictions because I usually don't get things right and it amazes me why I don't get them right. Usually a sudden slump by a key player or a fluke goal. But we continue to try and get a perfect playoff prediction. This year. I have lots of chalk going. In the 1st Round I have Both #5 seeds and a 7 seed advancing. I am also predicting that both Top seeds make the conference finals. However, I am going with a perennial underachievers to play in the Stanley Cup Finals. And I still cannot believe that I am picking this team to stun the hockey world and win the Stanley Cup.
Eastern Conference Playoffs
(1) Pittsburgh over (8) NY Islanders- The Penguins are just too talented for this to be any sort of competitive series. Pens in 4.
(5) Toronto Maple Leafs over (4) Boston- To me, the Toronto Maple Leafs will win this series, but it will be a fight. I don't like how the Bruins are playing. Toronto in 7.
(7) Ottawa over (2) Montreal - If Eric Karllson was healthy all season, the Sens would have won the division. I think his return, albeit not at 100%, will still allow the Senators to complete the upset in 7.
(3) Washington over (6) NY Rangers - The only reason that the Rangers made the playoffs is Henrik Lundquist. That isn't enough vs. the Capitals. Washington in 6.
(1) Pittsburgh over (7) Ottawa - The Penguins are still too skilled to lose in the Semi-Finals of the East. Pittsburgh in 5.
(3) Washington over (5) Toronto - The Capitals had an addition by subtraction with Alexander Semin. They show how well that subtraction was in this series. Caps in 6.
Eastern Conference Finals
(3) Washington over (1) Pittsburgh - I like the upset here. The Capitals started out discombobulated but came on strong as the season went along. I believe in the Caps and think that Holtby outduals Fleury in Game 7.
Western Conference Playoffs
(1) Chicago over (8) Minnesota - The Blue Jackets would have given a better fight for the Blackhawks. Chicago in 5.
(5) Los Angeles over (4) St. Louis - I don't know what but there is just something about this Blues team that has me scared to pick them in any series. LA in 6.
(2) Anaheim over (7) Detroit - The Red Wings have been hot, but the Ducks are better and should prove it in 6 games.
(3) Vancouver over (6) San Jose - The Canucks have the experience and the chip on their shoulder to win this series rather easily. Vancouver in 5.
(1) Chicago over (5) Los Angeles - Chicago will win this series. The Kings will show up and look interested, but the 'Hawks will be too much for them. Chicago in 7.
(3) Vancouver over (2) Anaheim - This series is where the Canucks show their resiliency. Cory Schneider carries the load and pitches a shutout in Game 7.
Western Conference Finals
(3) Vancouver over (1) Chicago - I love the Blackhawks offense. But the key to this series is in net where I would take Schneider over Crawford. Vancouver in 6.
Stanley Cup Finals
Washington over Vancouver in 7 Games. Playoff MVP - Braden Holtby
Your 2013 Stanley Cup Champions