1. NHL Realignment. The NHLPA did not give their blessing to realignment, so the proposed 4 conferences and playoffs within each conference is now put on hold. Watch for this "issue" which the CBA says that the NHLPA has no imput on to become a bargaining chip in the upcoming CBA negotiations. Donald Fehr caused problems with MLB, I fear that he is starting with the NHL.
2. The Division I-AA Championship Game between Sam Houston State and North Dakota State in Frisco, TX. The stadium holds 20,500 people. Both schools were asking for thousands of more tickets. The #1 and #2 seeds in the playoffs made it to the championship. It should be good.
3. The NFL Playoffs. The game that I want to see is Detroit-New Orleans. I have picked the Saints to win, but the more I look at the game, the more I am thinking that the Lions could pull off the upset. Also, I want to see the Steelers and all of their injuries go play the Broncos who are physical and just might be able to out muscle the walking injured.
4. The Canucks-Bruins hockey game Saturday. I am real interested in how the game is called more than anything. You know that there is still real bad blood there, mostly from the Canucks side about the perceived lack of calls on Boston during the finals. It will also be interesting to see how far the Bruins try to get under the Canuck's skin.
5. The Penn State reported hiring of Bill O'Brien. According to sources, he will be formally introduced on Saturday. I want to see if there are more former players that go off the reservation like Lavar Arrington and others. The administration is correct in what they are doing by hiring a head coach that has no ties what so ever to Penn State. That way, the clouds over the university, while not gone, do become less because there is no hint of having somebody that might have known the dark secrets that have come out lately being the head coach and keeping any of the other deep dark secrets out of the spotlight.