Week 1 was OK. A 7-2-1 week would have made me money. Let's see if I can continue the good picks.
1. (11) Oklahoma State (-29) at South Alabama - It is unusual that a program like Oklahoma State would go into South Alabama. I don't expect that the Cowboys will have problems with going on the road here.
Oklahoma State 62, South Alabama 14
Actual Score: Oklahoma State 44, South Alabama 7
2. Florida Atlantic at (9) Wisconsin (-32) - I believe in Lane Kiffin. He will get the Owls turned around in time. That time isn't against a scary looking Wisconsin team this season.
Florida Atlantic 17, Wisconsin 52
Actual Score: Florida Atlantic 14, Wisconsin 31
3. (17) Louisville (-10) at North Carolina - The Cardinals offense didn't look all that great vs. Purdue. I believe that the kinks will start to be worked out against the Tar Heels
Louisville 42, North Carolina 28
Actual Score: Louisville 47, North Carolina 35
4. (23) TCU at Arkansas (+3) - I don't trust Bret Bielema. The Hogs haven't been good under him. But going against my better judgement, I see the Razorbacks taking down the Horned Frogs.
TCU 31, Arkansas 34
Actual Score: TCU 28, Arkansas 7
5. (13) Auburn at (3) Clemson (-5.5) - I think that Auburn will be the biggest challenge to Alabama this year. However, Clemson isn't Alabama. Take the Tigers in Death Valley and expect a double digit victory.
Auburn 17, Clemson 31
Actual Score: Auburn 6, Clemson 14
6. (5) Oklahoma at (2) Ohio State (-7.5) - The Buckeyes came alive in the second half vs. Indiana. I believe they keep rolling against Oklahoma.
Oklahoma 27, Ohio State 41
Actual Score: Oklahoma 31, Ohio State 16
7. (15) Georgia at (24) Notre Dame (-4.5) - The Bulldogs have a backup QB starting vs. The Fighting Irish. That should be enough to the Golden Domers to pull out a victory.
Georgia 17, Notre Dame 24
Actual Score: Georgia 20, Notre Dame 19
8. (14) Stanford (+5.5) at (6) USC - I will take the Cardinal and their 3 game winning streak against the Trojans. Look for the fourth straight victory for Stanford.
Stanford 33, USC 30
Actual Score: Stanford 24, USC 42
9. Boise State at (20) Washington State (-10.5) - Mike Leach wants to have the Cougars mentioned as a national power and to prove that his offensive philosophy can win anywhere. This game could start that journey.
Boise State 24, Washington State 44
Boise State 44, Washington State 47 (3OT)
10. Fresno State at (1) Alabama (-44) - Fresno State used to be a power that would play a good game against Alabama. That is in the past.
Fresno State 10, Alabama 58
Actual Score: Fresno State 10, Alabama 44
A 3-7 week. Ugh. This is why some people do not bet on football. You don't have control over anything.