Friday, May 02, 2014

RACING AT RICHMOND, SHORT TRACK AT IT'S BEST.

I know this is very late and I'm sorry, the weather is sunny and I insured my bike so there you go......! Anyway as far as the racing goes, the win for Joey Logano last weekend was huge, both as a lock into the chase, and showing that some races come right down to the end with five big name racers vying for a win in the last laps of a long race. The final laps also caused tempers to flare in the garage which brought Marcos Ambrose and Casey Mears coming to blows in an after race skirmish which NASCAR viewed with an eye of disdain and made a move to stop any fistfights again by fining Ambrose $25,000 and fining Mears $15,000. The Joe Gibbs Racing driver took advantage of the late race duel to grab the lead then outran Matt Kenseth, Jeff Gordon, and Brad Keselowski. There were more opinions expressed after the race with Keselowski vowing to remember how Kenseth blocked him from a chance at winning, which this writer feels is more crybaby than fact, as Matt was vying for the same win which gives him as much right for blocking and trying to win as bad Brad. I think there will be another name added to the win list before the chase starts, as A.J. Almendinger and the 47 took a sixth place finish and AJ is a fan fave for a win this weekend, and guess where we are this weekend, TALLEDEGA BABY, my fave and probably the best example of resrictor plate racing, Nationwide on Saturday, Sprint Cup on Sunday, Dega baby, I can't wait, and there is rain in our forecast so no time with the Harley this weekend just typing for my friends on the blog, cya Sunday night, maybe Monday,no later than Tuesday or ........................

2 comments:

Zebster said...

Yeah, I don't understand Brad's beef either. Matt was the leader, for one thing, and for two, where the heck was he supposed to go when he had Brad up on one quarter panel and I forget who on the other. Great racing.

Brent said...

I agree about Brad. Kenseth has the right to block. But for some reason, I do remember in the past the driver of the #20 whining about people blocking him in the closing laps of racing.

And apparently the punch is too much of letting the boys go at it.