- about Tom Brady's hair or his lack of dancing skills
- whether Shaq could have saved the Notorious BIG
- that some Miami Heat players can cry
- at the risk of exile, I don't care a whole lot about preseason baseball, other than the fact that it means real baseball is nigh
- about the NFL labor negotiations because they're frankly not telling the media and thus us anything useful, and there's nothing we can do about it anyway
- and I certainly don't give a rat's ass about Charlie Sheen
The reason I don't care about these things is pretty straightforward...they're not worth caring about or spending any time thinking about. The reason that I'm writing this post is because I seemingly can't get away from these topics, due in large part to the voracious appetite of sports fans, particularly here in New England, for apparently any tangential sports news, and also because we have two regional sports networks and all of the other local sports media trying to fill their air time and pages. I admit I'm spoiled and appreciative of the fact that we care enough about our local teams and sports in general that we can support these networks but the negative side effect is that they often have to fill air time with non-stories...over and over and over again.
With the NHL and NBA regular seasons winding down and the NASCAR season just begun, say nothing about college hoops and hockey or the EPL, aren't there enough real sports stories out there to fill up air time?
What could you care less about?