Monday, June 13, 2011

He Said It

“At the end of the day, all the people that was rooting on me to fail – at the end of the day they have to wake up tomorrow and have the same life that they had before they woke up today. They have the same personal problems they had today … they can get a few days or a few months or whatever the case may be on being happy about not only myself, but the Miami Heat not accomplishing their goal, but they have to get back to the real world at some point.” – Miami Heat forward LeBron James, June 12, 2011.

I really wanted to shorten this to a profane two-word phrase that rhymes with “duck him” but I’ve got something better to say about the petulant, narcissistic man-child known as LeBron James. He thinks he’s a coddled superstar, but once again he proved he’s the greatest player in the National Basketball Association as long as there’s no pressure on him to win.

LeBron is incapable of performing in the fourth quarter of games that matter. THAT is the reality I’m returning to when I wake up in the morning.

3 comments:

Zebster said...

Congrats to the Mavs! I've got no issues with LeBron and, in fact, am sympathetic to the pressure he is under, much of it brought on by himself but much of it unfair as well. I think it would behoove people to try to walk in his shoes for a while. Yeah, I know, we'd all die to be able to do that but I think there'd be a huge eye-opener involved too.
I know how badly he wants a ring but I think he should've realized that staying in Cleveland, whether he ever won there or not, was going to be a helluva lot happier place than going elsewhere for the purpose of winning and ultimately not. Many, many great superstars are beloved by the home team fans and others for doing just that.

Brent said...

LeBron is just showing what he knows. He has been enabled for his life bad habits and all. Nobody stands up to him and says that he is wrong in his personal life and that arrogance shows up during his interviews. I don't blame him for the quote, but should show us that there are some people that need a reality check.

Zebster said...

Well said, Brent. Ultimately he, and Wade to a lesser extent since he has a ring, needs to figure out why he disappeared in the last 3 games and seemed completely lost...a player who can take over games and no one can stop him. Re Wade: He made plays even last night that make you stop in amazement but there again, he wasn't really much of a factor either.