Saturday, September 21, 2013

When Archery, Darts and Sports Mix…

Ever since I bought my pistol crossbow I kept thinking to myself, “Wouldn’t it be nice to shoot at a target with an opposing team’s sports logo on it?” Today, that became a reality just in time for tonight’s exhibition game between the Toronto Maple Leafs and their division rivals, the Buffalo Sabres.

I found a printable target online and then made obvious modifications. The Sabres logo is the center target. The former Sabres logo, derisively called a “Buffaslug” for it’s banana slug/buffalo hybrid appearance, is centered on the four smaller targets.

Not only can I use this with my pistol crossbow, but it works great for the dart board I have in the hallway, too!

If you want this for your own use:

  1. Click on the image and a full-size version will open in a new tab in your browser.
  2. Right-click on the full-size image and save it to your hard drive.
  3. Use your favorite graphics program (ex: Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro) and open the image.
  4. Set your program’s printer settings to print graphics “fit to page” so it prints out on one 8.5” x 11” page.
  5. Print the target and have fun!

It’s a safe bet I’ll be making many more of these in the coming months.

5 comments:

Zebster said...

Our newest member of the blog, who's yet to contribute, is a Sabres fan. Let's see if this doesn't draw him out.

Anonymous said...

I created an alternate one with only one target in the middle. Apparently I can't get this one to stick to my foam target without duct tape. I prefer to use masking tape at all possible.

Brent said...

The hints from R.J. works on Maple Leafs logos rather well as well!

Michael said...

Not yet it hasn't.

Michael said...

Also, no one likes the Buffaslug, not even Sabres fans. Even the AGH logo is better liked than the slug.