I have started slow this year. I am only picking correctly at a 60% rate so far. I need to pick up the pace, so let's see if this week I can keep the losses to 2 or less.
1) #1 Oklahoma (-3) at #5 Florida State - I am impressed with what Jumbo fisher has going on with the Noles. However, the Sooners have the best roster of talent in the country. I will go with that talent base and say the Sooners stay #1.
2) #3 LSU (-4.5) at #25 Mississippi State - Miss. St. is coming off a hard fought loss against Auburn. Now they play LSU and a better team. I'm taking LSU in a 7 to 10 point game.
3) #17 Ohio State at Miami (FL) (-3) - This should be called the Uncompliance Bowl. Two of the biggest cheaters as far as programs go. Let's go with the original convicts at home.
4) Tennessee at #16 Florida (-8.5) - This rivalry has gone from deciding the SEC East to one that no one really cares about because of the dominance of the Gators. I see it staying that way. Gators big.
5) #15 Michigan State at Notre Dame (-5) - Another tough game with Notre Dame in it to call. Notre Dame should be 2-0 so far but has let the pressure of the 4th Quarter get to them. Let's go for the trifecta and pick Notre Dame for the third straight week.
6) Utah (+6.5) at BYU - BYU has played two top 25 teams on the road and has covered on both of those games, while Utah played USC close last week. I believe that the Utes come in and cover if not outright win this game.
7) Washington (+18.5) at #11 Nebraska - Steve Starkesian has brought the Huckies back from the brink of obscurity. They lost to the Huskers last year during the regular season and beat them in the bowl game. Familiarity breeds contempt and there will be bad blood in this game that adds to the mix. I still believe that this is a close game.
8) #18 West Virginia at Maryland (-2) - West Virginia didn't look too good against Marshall. Maryland overcame the ugly unis to upset Miami. The all black unis that the Terps will be sporting this week make it a 2-0 record in alternate uniforms for the Terps.
9) #21 Auburn (+4) at Clemson - I thought about going with Clemson until I looked at the defense that they have played the first two weeks of the season. They have given up an average of 400 yards per game against tow teams that aren't anything but creampuffs. Go with Auburn.
10) #24 Texas (-3.5) at UCLA - The run of rick Neuheisel at UCLA is coming to an end if he can't get the ship rightened here. Don't believe the hype that the turnaround is right around the corner. Go with the overrated Longhorns.
The Additional Two
11) Pittsburgh at Iowa (-3) - The Hawkeyes should be fired up after the disappointment of last week losing to the dreadful Cyclones. Watch the Panthers lose the game after stepping up in class to play this week.
12) Presbyterian at California (-42.5) - This game should be almost like a scrimmage for California. I am probably wrong in going with this large of a number, but I am going with the Golden Bears.