Week 4 of the college football season is upon us and we are starting to see the better teams separate themselves from the pack. I am taking 5 double digit favorites, but I can't make an argument for the underdogs to keep it close in any of those games.
1) #7 Oklahoma State (+3) at #8 Texas A&M - I am a big believer in this Oklahoma State team. I will have OK State from now until the Bedlam game.
2) #2 LSU (-6) at #16 West Virginia - West Virginia is undefeated and ranked. However, there is a big difference between the talent levels and the coaching staffs. Les Miles has the Bayou Tigers roaring loud.
3) #11 Florida State at #21 Clemson (+3) - Clemson is coming off a win vs. Auburn. Florida State is coming off a loss vs. Oklahoma. I am taking Clemson due to the injuries that Florida State has suffered this season.
4) #14 Arkansas at #3 Alabama (-14) - Arkansas is the 4th best team in the SEC West. Alabama is the 2nd. And yes, there are 14 points separating the two.
5) #10 Oregon (-11.5) at Arizona - Watch for Oregon to continue to roll up the score in this game. Expect at least 50 from the Ducks. Arizona cannot keep up with that.
6) Missouri at #1 Oklahoma (-20.5) - Bob Stoops has this team looking like they want to win a national championship. I don't think that Missouri has the horses to run with Oklahoma.
7) Notre Dame (-5.5) at Pittsburgh - Throughout the 1st 3 weeks of the season, Notre Dame has looked better than Pittsburgh. If not for the 2 collapses that the Irish have had, they would be in the Top 10.
8) North Carolina at #25 Georgia Tech (-5) - The option from Tech will make the game real difficult for the Tar Heel defense. Watch for 300 yards rushing from the Yellow Jackets and a big win.
9) #23 USC at Arizona State (-3) - The Sun Devils have a real shot at the win in this game. USC has found their go-to receiver, but not much else. If Arizona State doesn't continue trying to beat themselves, look for the upset.
10) #9 Nebraska (-23.5) at Wyoming - There is no question about who wins this game. The question is by how much Nebraska wins by. I am expecting by at least 30 points. The Cowboys haven't looked like a dominant team, even though they are undefeated.
The Additional Two
11) San Diego State at #22 Michigan (-7.5) - The Brady Hoke bowl takes place in Ann Arbor, MI. Watch hoke's new team and the better talent to win going away.
12) Georgia (-10.5) at Mississippi - Georgia is the 3rd best SEC East team. Mississippi is looking like a disappointment and how long does Houston Nutt have as head coach when the natives are restless about not winning their division?
My Own Upset Special:
North Dakota State over Minnesota - It used to be where the Bison used to hope that they could put up a good fight against the Gophers. Now they know that they can beat them and expect to. This is probably their last chance for a couple of years. Jerry Kill is getting the Gophers on the right path, but the Gophers need talent and that just comes with time. NDSU 31, Minnesota 20