Saturday, November 17, 2012

10 College Football Predictions - Week 12

Finally, I have broken through the .500 mark.  Another 7-3 mark for last week.  Lost on Alabama outright.  Lost with the points and Iowa State.  Lost by giving 29 points to Colorado.  I am 3 games above the even line and I might be able to get my Road Favorite stat to be that good as well.  The home 'dog still haunts me.  But there are a couple of chances out there for Home Underdogs to bring in victories that I need with UCLA (vs. USC) and Baylor (vs. Kansas State).  Anyways, let's get to the picks and see some more winners that I picked out there.





1.  Iowa (+16.5) at Michigan - This Hawkeyes team has disappointed me from day 1 and will continue to do so.  However, I cannot pick Michigan and giving 16.5 points because Denard Robinson probably won't play, and if by some miracle he does play, he won't be 100%.
LOSS     Michigan 42, Iowa 17

2.  USC at UCLA (+4) - Jim Mora has the Bruins playing well.  I believe that they can pull the upset because that Trojans defense isn't looking so hot and just maybe USC is looking forward to the Notre Dame game.
WIN     UCLA 38, USC 28

3.  Mississippi at LSU (-19) - LSU still has lots to play for.  Maybe not an SEC Championship, but possibly a seat at the BCS table yet again.  That means that they will continue to play real ggod and show that they belong.
LOSS     LSU 41, Mississippi 35

4.  Texas Tech at Oklahoma State (-9.5) - I expect points in this game, but the difference is the Oklahoma State defense is better than the Red Raiders defense.  So I am taking the Cowboys and giving the 9.5 points.
WIN     Oklahoma State 59, Texas Tech 21

5.  Ohio State at Wisconsin (-2.5) - The Buckeyes are still undefeated this year.  That doesn't take much in the down Big Ten this year.  But I expect the Badgers to continue their winning streak and show why they were considered possible National Title contenders in the Pre-season.
LOSS     Ohio State 21, Wisconsin 14

6.  Wake Forest (+24) at Notre Dame - Yes, I know that the Demon Deacons stink.  Why do you think they are 24 point underdogs.  However, the Fighting Irish play down to inferior competition.  See last week vs. BC.  So I will take the points seeing the trends that happen with Notre Dame this season.
LOSS     Notre Dame 38, Wake Forest 0

7.  Tennessee at Vanderbilt (-3) - The Volunteers have fallen hard.  They are now under even more sanctions from the Lane Kiffin year spent in Knoxville.  The Commodores aren't as good as I thought they would be, but should be able to cover the points.
WIN     Vanderbilt 41, Tennessee 18

8.  Kansas State at Baylor (+12) - The Bears can score.  That they have proven.  The thing is that they can't stop anybody.  I don't think that baylor will win, but they hold it tight enough to cause some worry in Manhattan, Kansas.
WIN     Baylor 52, Kansas State 24

9.  Stanford (+20.5) at Oregon - This line gives no respect to Stanford.  I expect the defense to slow down that Ducks offense.  And that offense is deadly.  I watched the Oregon vs. Cal game and if Oregon goes to the National Title game, there is no stopping them.  That being said, i don't expect Stanford to upset the Ducks.  Just keep it semi-close.
WIN     Stanford 17. Oregon 14

10.  University of Texas at San Antonio (-6) at Idaho - The Vandals are a home dog to a first year BCS team of UTSA.  That doesn't speak to the strength of UTSA as much as telling all of us that Idaho sucks.
WIN     University of Texas at San Antonio 34, Idaho 27

Last Week Results:

Overall: 7-3
Road Favorite: 3-0
Road Underdog: 1-1
Home Favorite: 3-2
Home Underdog: 0-0


Yearly Record:

Overall: 57-54-1
Road Favorite: 17-19
Road Underdog: 16-9
Home Favorite:  23-21-1
Home Underdog: 1-5

No comments: