Another winning week for myself. A 6-4 record which brings me to 5 games over .500. I picked both Baylor and Stanford with points last week. I cannot believe that the Iowa Hawkeyes suck so badly this year. Kirk Ferentz probably should be asked to move on because he didn't earn his $3 Million + salary this year with a 4-8 season. And the North Dakota State Bison are Ranked #1 in the FCS playoffs starting this weekend. So there is a positive this year for my teams in college football.
1. Georgie Tech at Georgia (-14.5). The Bulldogs are playing what could possibly be the best football in the nation right now. Expecting the Yellow Jackets to go into Athens and put up a real fight is expecting way too much.
WIN Georgia 42, Georgia Tech 10
2. Michigan (+4) at Ohio State. These are two teams that I cannot stand and the way that Michigan has come on during the latter stages of the Big Ten Schedule has me believing that the Wolverines can pull the upset over the Buckeyes.
LOSS Ohio State 26, Michigan 21
3. Miami (-6.5) at Duke. It is sad that the University of Miami isn't a double digit favorite against Duke. Miami should be able to win easily with the amount of talent that they have, but it isn't translating on the field.
WIN Miami 52, Duke 45
4. Texas Tech (+3.5) at Baylor. Don't believe the hype that Baylor got out of the Kansas State game. They aren't that good and the Red Raiders offense is potent as ever. Expect points and Texas Tech pulling it out in the end.
LOSS Baylor 52, Texas Tech 45 (OT)
5. Oregon (-9.5) at Oregon State. Since the pressure of an undefeated season is off the Ducks' shoulders, I believe that the offense will start to click again. And while Oregon State has had a nice season, they aren't as talented.
WIN Oregon 48, Oregon State 24
6. Florida at Florida State (-7). I am expecting the Florida Gators team that played against Georgia. The defense being on their game and the offense sputtering around all game. FSU should be able to take advantage and cover the spread.
LOSS Florida 37, Florida State 26
7. Wisconsin (+2) at Penn State. The Badgers are another up and down team in the Big 10. The Nittany Lions have surprised almost anybody who follows college football with their good season. I'll take the Bagders in this toss-up game.
LOSS Penn State 24, Wisconsin 21 (OT)
8. Oklahoma State (+6.5) at Oklahoma. Let's take the Cowboys and that high-powered offense over an Oklahoma team that plays small when the game gets big.
WIN Oklahoma 51, Oklahoma State 48 (OT)
9. Stanford at UCLA (+3). Jim Mora has the Bruins looking like a team that could hang with almost anybody. The Cardinal has played close games with the best in the nation. I will take the points because I can see the Bruins pulling the upset here.
LOSS Stanford 35, UCLA 17
10. Notre Dame at Southern California (+5). I am picking this game on emotion. You are supposed to stay away from this, but I would love to see the Golden Domers be denied their perfect season on the last game of the regular season.
LOSS Notre Dame 22, USC 13
Road Favorite: 1-0
Road Underdog: 1-2
Home Favorite: 2-2
Home Underdog: 2-0
Road Favorite: 18-19
Road Underdog: 17-11
Home Favorite: 25-23-1
Home Underdog: 3-5