Wednesday, October 29, 2014

2014 College Football Odds Picks - Week 10

The college football world is buzzing about the inaugural 4 teams that a selection committee spit out on Tuesday. All that I am going to say that it just affirms the SEC bias that people have. LSU has lost two games and all we hear is how tough the Tigers are. Bull(cough). And Arkansas is always a tough game. They haven't won an SEC game within the past 2 years. But there is lots of time for the committee to fix their bias.

As for my picks, let's rock them this week and get to over 40% wins this season. After a 6-1 week, I know that I can achieve that goal. And at least one of the Selection Committee's Top 4 will fall this week. And for me looking at this, it is another week of underdogs primarily.



#2 Florida State at #25 Louisville (+5) - Yes, I know that Louisville hasn't been as tough as the past couple of seasons. However, Bobby Petrino thrives on situations like this. I expect that the Seminoles have a fight on their hands and expect an upset in the great state of Kentucky.
Florida State 27, Louisville 30

#7 TCU at #20 West Virginia (+6) - TCU is a favorite for people looking at the playoffs to be a team that is there at the end in the #4 or #5 final ranking. They have their own fate in their hands. West Virginia came close to beating Oklahoma at home and beat Baylor at home. I am going the Baylor route and picking another upset for the Mountaineers.
TCU 41, West Virginia 45

#3 Auburn (+1) at #4 Mississippi - The Auburn offense vs. the Mississippi defense is the main event in this game. But what will win it is the Auburn defense vs. the Mississippi offense. And after the debacle in Baton Rouge, I cannot pick the Mississippi offense.
Auburn 27, Mississippi 10

Arkansas at #1 Mississippi State (-11) - Whenever I pick a game that Arkansas is involved in, it seems like I get the game wrong. I will pick that the Hogs get beat and stay winless in the SEC. I also think that Mississippi State gets to stay on top of the polls for another week.
Arkansas 18, Mississippi State 34

Stanford (+8) at #5 Oregon - Stanford is always a pain in the side for Oregon. I don't see anything different this year. I do see Oregon winning, but it should be a close game. Marcus Mariotta would be my Heisman Trophy winner if I had a vote so far.
Stanford 24, Oregon 28

Oklahoma State (+14) at #9 Kansas State - Kansas State plays a conservative game and has a real good defense. But OK State can hit the big plays. I expect that the Cowboys make it close, but cannot pull through with the upset.
Oklahoma State 27, Kansas State 38

#10 Notre Dame (-14.5) at Navy - The Golden Domer supporters are not happy where Notre Dame ended up in the rankings. I assume that the team isn't happy as well. I think that they take it out on Navy.
Notre Dame 37, Navy 17

No comments: