Monday, July 31, 2006

Trade Rumors gallore....

Here is a link to the Globes latest trade rumors: Rumors and also More Rumors

There are talks about a trade for Jason Schmidt or Scott Linebrink and Julio Lugo. San Diego wants Lowell and San Fransisco is talking about Youkilis. I'm not sure I like either trade to be honest. It's too bad that Wells start tonight isn't until after the deadline. If he pitches well we may be Ok. Although Another pitcher, starting type, would allow them to shit can Tavaris and move Snyder to the pen. That is as long as Wells is good to go. The other news today, Clement was moved to the 60 day DL tomake room for Wells. I dont' have any faith that Clement will ever pitch for the Sox again.

3 comments:

TrotRocks said...

I have to agree with the yahoos on EEI? What's the thing about Lugo? Seems to me that they aren't broken, so why would they try to fix it? If they weren't in the hunt, then fine, but they are, so ditching Lowell or Loretta or Trot, seems bizarre. Yeah getting rid of Freddy Kruger would be good, but declaremen and Hanson need to step up; heck tito gave them the go. we'll see..... ticktock trade day:-)

Zebster said...

I'd certainly take Schmidt but not if it's for just the rest of this year.

LittleCuz said...

I agree with both of you Scmidt if we can lock him for multiple years, and definately don't mess with the big club. Minor league guys only. My fear is that they'll make a move only to "answer" the Yankees deal with Abreu.