Finally, I look like I know what I am doing. A 7-3 record last week looks good, but as I watching the snow fall last night, I knew it wasn't good enough. So we are hoping for an 8-2 record this week to even my record for the year at 31-31.
1. Southern California (-14) at Utah. The Trojans ddon't have the pressure of playing as the #1 team in the nation anymore and they are looking like they are having fum playing football again. The Utes are finding out that playing the Pac-12 week in and wek out is tougher than when they were in the Mountain West.
Predicted Score: USC 35, Utah 17
Actual Score: USC 38, Utah 28 LOSS
2. Navy at Air Force (-8). It looks like an another Commander-In-Chief Cup for Air Force. They should be able to rout Navy rather easily and the Army team is never that good.
Prediced Score: Air Force 41, Navy 24
Actual Score: Navy 28, Air Force 21 (OT) LOSS
3. Northwestern at Penn State (-2). The Nittany Lions have impressed me with their play this year and it looks like Bill O'Brien can motivate his players. Northwestern is no pushover, but I don't see the Wildcats picking up the win here.
Predicted Score: Penn State 27, Northwestern 17
Actual Score: Penn State 39, Northwestern 28 WIN
4. Arkansas at Auburn (-8). I don't usually like Auburn as a favorite because it seems that their games are always close. However, when you have a team like Arkansas coming in, I will make an exception. The Hogs have looked like the game of football is foreign to them.
Predicted Score: Auburn 38, Arkansas 13
Actual Score: Arkansas 24, Auburn 7 LOSS
5. Arizona (+9) at Stanford. Rich Rod got his lunch handed to him by Oregon two weeks ago. I believe that the Wildcats learned from that experience and will go into Stanford and upset the Cardinal.
Predicted Score: Arizona 29, Stanford 27
Actual Score: Stanford 54, Arizona 48 WIN
6. LSU (-2.5) at Florida. The cool pick is to have the Gators upset the Tigers. While I do like the Gators, I don't see it happening. The Gators are the 3rd best team in the SEC East. The Tigers are still better than every team in the East.
Predicted Score: LSU 27, Florida 21
Actual Score: Florida 14, LSU 6 LOSS
7. Wake Forest (+6) at Maryland. It has been a rough season for the Demon Deacons. The potential at the start of the season was there, it just hasn't come through. The Terrapins aren't the worst team out there, but they aren't very good.
Predicted Score: Wake Forest 28, Maryland 22
Actual Score: Maryland 19, Wake Forest 14 WIN
8. Iowa State at TCU (-7.5). The Cyclones have a good defense. They have already had their one annual upset against Iowa. The Horned Frogs are having growing pains. They are losing more than they are used to, but there is one thing that they are right with the big boys at. That is problems by the students in the program.
Predicted Score: TCU 27, Iowa State 10
Actual Score: Iowa State 37, TCU 23 LOSS
9. Georgia at South Carolina (-1.5). I thought that Georgia would roll through the Eastern Division of the SEC. Well, South Carolina has looked better than the Bulldogs. Marcus Lattimore is a beast. Give me the Gamecocks and the Ol Ball Coach.
Predicted Score: South Carolina 33, Georgia 31
Actual Score: South Carolina 35, Georgia 7 WIN
10. West Virginia (+6.5) at Texas. The Mountaineers can score points by the bushel load. Texas has a defense that can ball as well. The winner will be the team that can have their weak spot of the team outperform the other. Texas wins that battle, but not by much.
Predicted Score: Texas 31, West Virginia 27.
Actual Score: West Virginia 48, Texas 45 WIN
Last Week Results:
Road Favorite: 2-1
Home Favorite: 2-1
Home Underdog: 0-0
Road Favorite: 5-10
Home Favorite: 9-9
Home Underdog: 1-3