It is all good right now. Another winning week and it looks like the Hawkeyes might be able to squeeze into a bowl game. I am now 3 games under .500 and this week I should hit the break even point. Start slow and finish strong. Sort of like how that goes. I am stopping the predicted scores. After finally getting one on the button last week, it is time to stop.
The 10 games:
1) Virginia Tech (+7.5) at Clemson - I don't think that Clemson is still all that good. Virginia Tech hasn't been what they were built up to be. I suspect that Frank Beamer has something up his sleeve for this matchup.
LOSS Score: Clemson 38, Virginia Tech 17
2) LSU at Texas A&M (+3.5) - The LSU offense looks like a decent high school team and the defense is Top 5 in the country. The Aggies can score and have problems in stopping the opposition. Let's go with the Aggies and the upset.
LOSS Score: LSU 24, Texas A&M 19
3) Stanford (-2.5) at California - The Cardinal almost pulled out the biggest upset of the season last week. The refs took it away from them. The Cardinal should be able to defeat the Golden Bears and continue on their way to a bowl game.
WIN Score: Stanford 21, California 3
4) Nebraska (-6) at Northwestern - Another game in the Big Ten that nobody really cares about. The Big Ten this year is the 5th best conference and they ain't close to #4. Anyways, lets go with the perennial powerhouse and say that they win by at least a TD.
LOSS Score: Nebraska 29, Northwestern 28
5) BYU at Notre Dame (-13) - If I remember right, this rivalry is going away with the Irish psuedo joining the ACC. BYU isn't their typical selves this year and the Irish have a bad tastein their mouth because people are saying that the refs helped them against Stanford.
LOSS Score: Notre Dame 17, BYU 14
6) Kansas State at West Virginia (-3) - Well, Geno Smith and the Mountaineers got their first butt-whipping in the Big XII last week. It doesn't get any easier with the Wildcats coming to town. But I believe that the Mountaineers will get the offense on track this week.
LOSS Score: Kansas State 55, West Virginia 14
7) Utah at Oregon State (-9.5) - The Beavers have been a nice surprise this year. They are the 4th best team in the PAC-12. As for Utah, they have been disappointments since joining the league. The Utes don't have enough to pull this off.
WIN Score: Oregon State 21, Utah 7
8) Alabama (-20) at Tennessee - What can I say about the Nicktator that hasn't already been said. The Tide's defense will cause this to be a laugher about midway through the third. I don't believe that Rocky Top will be played.
WIN Score: Alabama 44, Tennessee 13
9) Florida State (-21) at Miami - I am weary of this big of a line, but the Seminoles are better than the Canes by far. I just don't know if the injuries that are plaguing the Seminoles are too much for this point spread.
LOSS Score: Florida State 33, Miami 20
10) Kansas at Oklahoma (-35) - Charlie Weis isn't having fun in Kansas. He is losing majorly and is feuding with the local scribes. Now he gets Oklahoma coming off a blowout win vs. Texas and in a mood to prove that they should be thought of as a BCS team. At least the Jayhawks are good in Basketball.
WIN Score: Oklahoma 52, Kansas 7
Last Week Results:
Road Favorite: 2-2
Home Favorite: 2-0-1
Home Underdog: 0-1
Road Favorite: 7-14
Home Favorite: 13-12-1
Home Underdog: 1-4