Thursday, June 29, 2006

11 straight and counting...

This is a good time to be a Sox fan, boys. Every aspect of their game (with the possible exception of any appearance by Seanez or Tavarez) has been top notch. The hitters are clicking 1-9 and the starting pitching has been superb. And the defense... hard to believe. Hell - Manny threw Reyes out at the plate a couple of nights ago. I expect tonight's matchup to be what was predicted for last night, and more. Glavine is having a stellar year and you know Schilling will be at the top of his game. (Sorry to gloat, I'll be there in the bleachers to see it unfold.)
Can we make it 12 and sweep the hottest team in the NL in the process?

3 comments:

Zebster said...

We certainly can but odds are getting against us obviously, and Curt's probably due for a bad game. But here's hoping for a pitcher's duel tonight. Last night, though easy on the emotions, was a let down from a pure baseball enjoyment standpoint.

LittleCuz said...

I agree Zeb. Last night wasn't at all what I expected. It seems that Pedro's head wasn't in the game from the beginning, as evidenced by the mental error in the first inning when he failed to turn the easy double play.

I have hopes that tonight's game will be much better to watch, of course I won't see the whole thing as I have bowling tonight so I'll be in and out of the bar.

As for Manny and his defense, in my opinion, he's under rated. He's the quickest when getting the ball back to the infield and while he doesn't have a great arm, he is accurate. It suprises me that teams continue to run so blatantly on him. Granted he can be spacey at times, but it doesn't usually come in the middle of a play.

LittleCuz said...

AA-Hole you've earned your nick name this time.....gloating SOB!!! Yes I'm jealous....one of the best games of the year and I miss most of it due to bowling!!! I got bits and pieces of it, one great stat on Schilling for that game, at the start of the 5th he had thrown only 39 pitches!