Last week wasn't the best week that I ever had. At 7-4-1, I would say that it was a pedestrian week. And when a record like that brings down your win percentage, you have been doing something right. It is time to elevate the game and start doing double digit wins each week.
1) #3 Oklahoma (-9.5) vs. #11 Texas (at Dallas) - The Red River Rivalry looks like it will continue unabated into the foreseeable future. But it will be the team in Red that will have control of this rivalry for that foreseeable future.
2) #17 Florida at #1 LSU (-12) - LSU will try to play a game of one ups manship with Alabama on who can beat Florida worse. That is bad news for the Gators.
3) #15 Auburn (+10) at #10 Arkansas - Even though Arkansas is playing at home, the Road Warriors from Auburn will cover if not outright win this game.
4) #24 Texas A&M (-7) at Texas Tech - I am going with the team that has let me down the past couple of weeks. I still believe that A&M is the third best team in the Big 12 this year, behind the two OK teams.
5) Miami (+8.5) at #21 Virginia Tech - The Hurricanes should be able to hang with the putrid offense that the Hokies are displaying this year. I'd take the Hurricanes straight up.
6) California at #9 Oregon (-24.5) - The Ducks are still on a mission until playing Stanford. Look for big plays and the scoreboard to continue rolling up points in the Duck's column.
7) Air Force (+17) at Notre Dame - Notre Dame went out last week and played like world beaters. But that was against Purdue. Air Force will bring a stiffer test.
8) Ohio State at #14 Nebraska (-10) - Ohio State doesn't look like a good team and the Huskers will look at their first game at home in Big 10 Conference play as a time to impress their new conference after the debacle at Wisconsin.
9) Colorado (+27) at #7 Stanford - Stanford will win this game and will win big. I am taking the probability that Colorado doesn't completely lay down for this game.
10) Georgia at Tennessee (+1) - This is going to be a battle. I will go with the home team and pray for the best.
11) Kansas at Oklahoma State (-33) - This week seems like everybody has big numbers. Turner Gill at Kansas doesn't have a team that can compete with the elite in the Big 12.
12) Connecticut at #16 West Virginia (-21) - Connecticut lost to a directional Michigan team at home last week. The Mountaineers have better talent.