Thursday, October 13, 2011

College Football Predictions - Week 7

1)  #11 Michigan at #23 Michigan State (-3) - I like Denard Robinson, but the Wolverines defense scares me silly.  I believe that Kurt Cousins can keep his Spartans close unitl the 4th Quarter and pull it out in the end.

2)  #6 Oklahoma State (-7.5) at #22 Texas - I still believe that the Longhorns are overrated.  And I still believe that the Cowboys go into the Bedlam game undefeated because of the high octane offense.  This one will look like the Oklahoma-Texas game.

3)  #18 Arizona State at #9 Oregon (-14.5) - Oregon hasn't made amends for the poor showing against LSU in their minds.  Just means that the Sun Devils become just another victim of the Ducks offense.


4)  #20 Baylor (+8.5) at #21 Texas A&M - RG III is the glue that makes Baylor go.  He will make the A&M defense look bad.  However, the Baylor defense will make the A&M offense look good.  A&M will win the game, but Baylor will make it close.

5)  #1 LSU (-13) at Tennessee - Can anyone explain to me why Vegas has the spread at 13 points?  I might consider Tennessee if I got 23 points.

6)  Florida at #24 Auburn (-2) - Florida isn't what it used to be under Urban Meyer.  And that means that that the Tigers win at home and keep making the statement that it wasn't all Cam Newton last year.

7)  #19 Virginia Tech at Wake Forest (+7) - I am still not sold on Virginia Tech.  And Wake Forest is a deceptively good team.  I'll take the shot at Wake Forest staying close.


8)  #8 Clemson (-7.5) at Maryland - Maryland, after a good start of the season has fallen off.  Clemson has beaten 3 straight ranked teams this season.  However, I am going against history.  The last 6 games that Clemson has visited Maryland has ended with a loss for the Tigers.  Streaks cannot last forever.

9)  #2 Alabama (-24.5) at Mississippi - The only way I would pick the Rebels is if Eli came back to play for this game.

10)  #15 South Carolina at Mississippi State (+5.5)  - I am not sold on the Gamecocks.  Getting rid of Stephen Garcia is one less distraction for Coach Spurrier.  However, there might be backlash from the players.  The Bulldogs aren't a pushover and will give South Carolina all they can handle.

Additional Two

11)  USC (-4) at California - Cal isn't what they used to be under Ted Tolford.  Watch Lane Kiffin pull out all the stops and win big .

12)  Indiana at #4 Wisconsin (-39) - How can you argue against Wisconsin.  Last year they put up 83 points on the Hoosiers.  This year, winning big means more for the Badgers.  I don't expect the 80-burger, but a 60-burger is in the cards for the Badgers.

No comments: