Friday, November 04, 2011

College Football Predictions - Week 10

Well, after last week, the Hawkeye socks are put away when I am picking games.  The luck has finally left from those.  However, the luck from the Jamestown College Foam Football Helmet is still there.  I am wearing that as I pick these games.


1) No. 1 LSU (+6) at No. 2 Alabama - the game of the year according to the hype which is already in overload.  The road team in this series has a 2:1 ratio of victories.  The Tigers have been higher in the ratings all year and I think that continues.  The statistics for the year all say the Tide roll, but going against the data, I am picking LSU.

2) No. 10 South Carolina at No. 8 Arkansas (-5) - South Carolina isn't the same team without Garcia and Lattimer.  Arkansas still plays through the air.  I'll take the Hogs to win this battle of Top 10 teams.


3) No. 17 Kansas State at No. 3 Oklahoma State (-21) - K-State got blown out by Oklahoma at home last week.  This week, the Oklahoma team that has the better record is the opponent.  The results though, will be the same.

4) Texas A&M (+13.5) at No. 7 Oklahoma - Texas A&M is a good team when they want to play.  I am going to say that they want to play against Oklahoma.

5) No. 6 Oregon (-15) at Washington - I have Oregon being better than Stanford and the Huskies looked bad against the Cardinal.  I expect the Ducks to roll up at least 50 points in a blowout win.

6) No. 23 Cincinnati (-2.5) at Pittsburgh - The invisible school that could earn a berth in the BCS, Cincinnati is invading Pittsburgh and playing a disappointing Pittsburgh team.  Give me the Bearcats to do to the Panthers what they did to the Wolfpack of NC State.

7) Texas Tech (+10) at Texas - Texas Tech upset Oklahoma 2 weeks ago and then got blown out by Iowa State.  Apparently the Red Raiders like the big games and don't show up for the bottom feeders.  Playing Texas for them is a big game, and I expect them to show up.

8) No. 4 Stanford at Oregon State (+20.5) - Yes, Stanford is the better team, but coming off that emotional win against USC last weekend, I think that the Cardinal have a let down.  They still win, but it will be closer than people think.

9) Notre Dame (-13.5) at Wake Forest - Another week of trying to figure out Notre Dame.  Let's just pick the Golden Domers and hope for the best.

10) Army at Air Force (-15) - This pains me.  I am a veteran of the Army and to see the football program in the shape that it is and not even be competitive with the other service academies irritates me.  Take the Falcons.

Additional Two

11) Louisville (+12.5) at No. 24 West Virginia - Another up and down team in West Virginia.  Louisville has a good program and should be able to take advantage of the defense that the Mountaineers play.

12) Purdue at No. 19 Wisconsin (-26.5) - If the Badgers cannot get up for this game after two last-minute losses against Ohio State and Michigan State, then they deserve not to be in the Big 10 title game.  I expect the Badgers to go bananas and roll up the score on the underrated Boilermakers.

No comments: