This week, should be a good one. However, the Penn State - Nebraska game has all of a sudden changed in stature and scrutiny. Joe Paterno is out as coach and it is Senior Day on Saturday at the (Not So) Happy Valley. Vegas has also fell in love with the number 13 this week. 4 out of the 12 games have a 13 point line.
2) No. 10 Virginia Tech (-1.5) at No. 20 Georgia Tech - Frank Beamer has the Hokies back in the Top 10 and he will keep the Rambling Wreck from Georgia Tech from upsetting the Hokies.
3) No. 19 Nebraska (-2) at No. 12 Penn State - This game is going to feel weird. Joe Pa is no longer the coach at Penn State. Nebraska is fighting to win their division in the Big 10. And both teams are in the Top 20. I will take the team that is not in turmoil, and it is possible that the psyche of the Nittany Lions might not be at full strength.
4) TCU at No. 5 Boise State (-13) - I will take Boise all day every day in this game. I have a feeling that Caoch Peterson isn't having a hard time keeping the Broncos attention. I am sure that there is revenge on their minds for past years. Plus, the Broncos are on target for a perfect season and Winning the MWC in their first (and possibly only) season.
5) No. 24 Auburn at No. 14 Georgia (-13) - The Bulldogs are the paradox for the SEC. They are starting to be touted by SEC fans as a real good team, possibly the 3rd or 4th best in the conference. They could wrap-up the East Division this weekend with help from Florida. Auburn are not Road Warriors. Look for the 'Dawgs to roll.
6) Tennessee at No. 8 Arkansas (-13) - The Hogs have a real chance to win the SEC still. The Big game comes when they play LSU. If they beat LSU, and win against Tennessee, they are the SEC West Champ. And that beyond anything else is an upset of epic proportions.
7) Wake Forest at No. 9 Clemson (-15.5) - Clemson has had two weeks to stew about their first loss of the season. Wake Forest is going the wrong way after beating Florida State. those two things will cause a blowout win for Clemson.
8) No. 4 Alabama (-17) at Mississippi State - Do you think that Nick Saban has put a burr under the saddle of the Tide players collectively? I do and the Bulldogs will feel the wrath of those players.
9) No. 2 Oklahoma State at Texas Tech (+19.5) - Tech will not win this game, but the Oklahoma State defense will allow the Red Raiders to score point for point with the Cowboys until the end of the game.
10) Miami (Fla.) (+9.5) at Florida State - I don't believe that there are 9 points separating the Canes and Noles. Al Golden has done a wonderful job with Miami, as has Jumbo Fisher with Florida State. I expect for both of these programs to rebound into national powers within the next 5 years.
11) Washington at No. 18 USC (-13) - Lane Kiffin has stabilized the Trojans after the Reggie Bush/Pete Carroll fiasco. I believe that Tennessee would like to have him back. The Trojans are playing well and should be able to handle the Huskies.
12) Western Kentucky at No. 1 LSU (-41.5) - The Hilltoppers aren't in the Tigers class. Watch for LSU to try and prove that the Alabama game was a hiccup.